How To Use Herbs For Anxiety & Stress
Posted on June 28 2022
Today, it is not uncommon to face anxiety & stress on multiple fronts: due to work, personal relationships, and other aspects of life. Managing how you handle stressful events is key to helping your mind and body cope without experiencing adverse consequences. From regular exercise to maintaining a healthy diet, there are numerous ways you can cope, including consuming herbs for anxiety & stress.
Some individuals may not be fond of taking sleeping pills or antidepressants to help their symptoms. There’s no denying that these can help in some cases, but herbs make an excellent alternative if you prefer a natural remedy. They can also be less intimidating to consume as herbs can be added to teas and other edibles.
Herbs may come with potential benefits for anxiety & stress such as helping your nervous system to relax gradually, improving your mood and concentration, and lots more!
Types of Herbs to Consider
Depending on the specific problem you face, you may wish to try out a different type of herb. This includes:
- Lavender – known for its relaxing properties and best inhaled and/or applied topically to aid sleep
- Chamomile – another sleep aid, chamomile may also come with the benefit of reducing anxiety and helping the body relax
- Ashwagandha – taken daily, this herb may help to reduce the time taken to fall asleep as well as promote a deeper sleep
- Lemon balm – this minty herb is best known for its potential benefits in restoring calm to the brain and reducing symptoms of anxiety
- Valerian root – known as “nature’s Valium”, this herb contains antioxidants that may come with sedative effects by regulating the stress response in the body
- … and lots more!
How to Consume Herbs
There are a few different ways you can benefit from herbs for anxiety & stress. Essential oils can be inhaled with the use of a diffuser or applied topically in the form of a balm or lotion. Other herbs can be prepared as teas or tinctures or even added to edibles such as cookies, gummies, and more. In order to do that, you will first need to extract oil from the herb of your choice.
If you are wondering how to go about obtaining herb-infused oil, this can be achieved through the use of a botanical infuser. With the press of a few buttons, you can obtain your own homemade extractions within a matter of minutes and add them to your tea or other desired edibles!
Browse Our Selection of Botanical Infuser Kits at ONGROK
Whether a large or small botanical infuser kit will serve your needs, you have come to the right place at ONGROK. In our online shop, you can also find a wide range of storage accessories you can use to contain your dry herb oil after extraction. All our products are protected by our risk-free guarantee, which means that if you are unhappy with our items for any reason, all you need to do is reach out to us!