The Magic of Mushroom Gummies: A Guide to Crafting Your Own
Posted on June 23 2023
Are you ready to discover a new way of incorporating mushrooms into your diet?
Then you need the magic of DIY mushroom gummies!
It’s the best of both worlds - a delicious, chewy treat mixed with all the advantages of medicinal mushrooms.
Don’t worry; we're here to show you just what you need to make the magic happen.
So, are you ready to indulge in some fungi goodness?
What Are Mushroom Gummies and Why You Should Try Them?
Mushroom gummies, aka mushroom edibles, are a type of candy infused with medicinal mushrooms.
If you're unfamiliar with the power of mushrooms, you're missing out! From boosting immunity to reducing inflammation, mushrooms are a healthy force of nature.
Gummies are a great way to enjoy these benefits without actually eating mushrooms.
Mushroom-infused gummies are a fun and tasty treat and SUPER easy to make!
Remember, When Eating Mushroom Gummies
- Be aware that some people may be sensitive to mushrooms and may experience digestive upset, so start slowly and increase as tolerated.
- Mushroom gummies can be taken any time of day, with or without food.
Getting the Most out of Your Mushies!
There has been a lot of debate about this, and although more research is needed, it has been generally excepted that heat doesn’t adversely impact mushrooms’ potency. Case in point, people have been brewing mushroom teas for centuries.
First things first, you need to decarboxylate your mushies. Decarboxylation enhances the effects of active compounds in mushrooms.
This process involves heating mushrooms to a specific temperature (typically between 240-260 °F) for a specific period (typically between 30–60 minutes).
With an ONGROK Decarboxylator machine, you can get your mushrooms perfectly decarboxylated with the press of a button.
Easy mushroom extract with an ONGROK’s Botanical Infuser and Kit
Ingredients and Equipment
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of decarboxylated mushrooms
- 2+ cup water (more if you run the process for longer)
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoon flavor-free alcohol (it’ll help the infusion last longer)
- ONGROK Botanical Infuser
- Add the ingredients to the ONGROK Botanical Infuser.
- Set your infuser as per the instructions.
- Once done, strain the mushroom infusion to remove the pulp.
The Magic of Homemade Mushroom Gummies
Once you have your mushroom extract, you’re ready to make gummies!
We love this mushroom gummy recipe - it’s a delicious and easy-to-make treat that packs a powerful punch.
- 7 fl. oz mushroom extract
- ½ oz unflavored gelatin
- 1 bag flavored gelatin
- Water, as directed by the flavored gelatin
- Optional: 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup to taste
You can also make mushroom gummies using fruit juice. However, the recipe changes slightly.)
- Scored gummy mold
- Double boiler setup (large glass bowl and pot)
- Add the water and gelatin to a large bowl and gently fold the two gelatins together until fully incorporated.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 min, so the gelatin can bloom.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it cook for 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Once bloomed, place the bowl on a pot of boiling water (your double boiler setup). Gently stir the mixture for about 2 min as it melts and is fully dissolved.
- Gently fold in the mushroom extract.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour it into silicone molds and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set.
- Once set, pop out the gummies, store them, and enjoy!
- A scored gummy mold is also perfect for sharing your delicious gummies with friends - they can cut them down based on their strength.
Tips for Storing Mushroom Gummies Safely and Effectively
- Store your gummies in a cool, dry place.
- Keep them in an air-tight container.
- Keep them out of direct sunlight.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze your gummies.
Edible Cheat Code: an ONGROK Botanical Infuser
ONGROK helps you simplify the whole process, from decarboxylation to molds; we have what you need.
Best of all, the ONGROK Botanical Infuser comes with a kit that includes everything you need to get started.
It's perfect for novice and experienced users.