Make Your Own Tincture In 4 Hours
Posted on February 15 2023
Before you explore how to make your own tincture, let's define the term. Made from plants (cannabis or some other herbal), tinctures are concentrated liquid extracts used as herbal "medicine". To relieve a wide range of health issues, they are taken orally. To support specific well-being elements, they can be used proactively.
Here, you'll find out how to make not only an incredible tincture, but how to do so in an amazingly short amount of time. Some alcohol-based tinctures can take weeks upon weeks to steep. Not in this case! First off, no alcohol will be used – which is great news for some people. Read on to find out more.
The Specifics of a Tincture
A tincture is not used for smoking. It is not used for vaporization. It is meant solely for sublingual consumption as a cannabis infused liquid.
What does it consist of? You start with a base liquid. In it, the cannabis plant soaks. The liquid can consist of glycerin, food grade alcohol, or oil. This mixture steeps for a specified period of time after which it is strained. As a finished product, the terpenes, cannabinoids, and other compounds are ready to dose and consume.
The term “tincture” actually refers to a product that is alcohol-based. An extract made with glycerin or oil is technically referred to as an infusion. The umbrella term used most frequently is tincture.
The Most Incredible of All Tinctures
If you're looking for a fast and easy way to create a sublingual tincture, look no further. Rather than alcohol – which is undesirable to some individuals – fractionated coconut oil will be used here. Specifically, here's what you’ll need:
- Your favorite “herb” (cannabis, for example) – figure 8 g to 1 ounce
- 2 1/2 cups fractionated coconut oil (make sure the brand is not for topical use, but rather, for consumption)
- Optional, but not necessary: 1 tablespoon soy or sunflower lecithin
Ready to Create?
Here we go:
- In a 250°F preheated oven, for about 25 minutes, you may choose optional decarboxylation.
- Into your infuser, place your herbs (decarboxylated).
- Now add the lecithin and your fractionated coconut oil.
- Secure the infuser's cover, and plug it in.
- Directions for specific infusers may vary, but the point here is to use a fast setting that runs for roughly 45 minutes. This typically produces infusions that are highly potent. You also have the option of running for 90 minutes, if you prefer longer infusion at a slower setting.
- Unplug the machine once the cycle is complete.
- Make sure you avoid the steam when you remove the top… carefully.
- Use the organic hemp filter and the metal strainer to gently strain your mixture.
- Pour it into tincture bottles once it has cooled.
- If you store this in a cool, dark place, it should last up to a year.
For Infusers, Droppers, Accessories, and so Much More, Count on ONGROK
Our name – ONGROK – comes from the novel Stranger in a Strange Land. Just a bit of trivia.
To fit the lifestyles of today's discerning consumer, we offer a wide line of sleek accessories. Using quality materials, our products are designed in North America. With a modern design, we use natural hardwoods, eco-friendly materials, aircraft grade aluminum, and more. We want all of our clientele to be 100% satisfied, so let us know if you have questions or concerns.
Feel free to contact us at 866-362-4551. Our service hours are 8:30 AM to 5 PM (Eastern Standard Time) Monday through Friday.