Get Buzzed on Honey: The Beginner's Guide to Infusing Honey
Posted on June 23 2023
Are you pursuing a pleasurable and tasty approach to reap the benefits of your favorite herbs?
Look no further than infused honey!
This sweet treat is easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to make infused honey.
Get ready to impress your friends with your new culinary skills!
What You Need to Know About Infused Honey
Honey has been used as a natural remedy for centuries and is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
When using infused honey medicinally, start with a small amount and wait at least 30 minutes before consuming more. The effects of active compounds can vary significantly from person to person, so it's essential to find what works best for you through trial and error.
Before you rush and get the ingredients to make infused honey - we need to discuss the important first step - Decarboxylation!
Get The Most Out of Your Herb With A Decarboxylator Machine
Decarboxylation is the process that activates the compounds in your favorite herbs so that they can be infused into the honey.
When it comes to decarboxylation, precision is key.
Using your oven to decarboxylate your herb requires a lot of manual monitoring and adjusting.
The ONGROK Decarboxylator machine ensures lab-grade temperature control throughout the entire process.
With this machine, you can activate all your materials with ease and confidence, knowing that you're achieving perfect results every time.
The ONGROK Decarboxylator machine has a simple one-button functionality. Press the power button to turn it on, then press it again to initiate a decarb cycle. It's that easy!
How To Make Infused Honey with a Botanical Infuser Machine
- ¼-½ ounce (7-14 g) of decarboxylated botanicals per cup (240 ml)
- 2½ cups (591 ml) of honey
- 1 tablespoon (14 ml) of distilled water per cup (236 ml) of honey
- Place the ingredients inside your ONGROK Botanical Infuser and ensure the lid is securely closed.
- Press the Temperature button and select 130°F (54°C). If the lowest option on your machine is 160°F (71°C), use that setting.
- Press the 1 Hour/Oil button to start the cycle.
- After the cycle, disconnect the machine's power cord.
- Strain the infused honey through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth to remove any botanical remnants, ensuring a smooth and pure consistency.
- Then let your honey cool until it's just warm before transferring to an airtight jar.
Store it in a dark, cool place, and enjoy!
Top Tip: Experiment with different sweeteners like agave nectar, maple syrup, or molasses to create unique flavors when making infused syrup with a botanical infuser machine. Substitute the honey in the recipe with an equal amount of your chosen sweetener and follow the same instructions for a delicious variation.
How to Store and Preserve Your Infused Honey
Here are some tips on how to store and preserve your infused honey:
- If you plan on storing your infused honey for more than a couple of weeks, keep it in the refrigerator. This will help it last longer.
- When ready to use your infused honey, remove it from the fridge and let it come to room temperature. This will make it easier to measure and use.
- Avoid exposing your infused honey to high temperatures and direct sunlight. The heat can degrade the active compounds' content, and the UV rays can damage the honey. Keep your infused honey in an airtight container.
Looking for the perfect way to store your infused honey?
The ONGROK storage jar is designed to be smell-proof and is made of high-quality borosilicate glass. The frosted glass design provides UV protection, and the three color-coded rubber o-rings help with organization and easy identification.
3 Delicious Infused Honey Recipes
Looking for some fun and delicious recipes to make with your infused honey?
Honey and Herb Infused Goat Cheese Crostini
Mix some goat cheese, chopped herbs, and a few spoonfuls of your infused honey. Spread the mixture onto small slices of baguette or other crusty bread, and bake until golden brown. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
These wings will surely be a hit at your next party! Simply toss chicken wings in a mixture of sriracha sauce and your infused honey. Bake or grill until cooked through, then enjoy!
Honey Pecan Pie
This classic dessert gets an extra special twist with infused honey. Substitute it for the regular honey in your favorite pecan pie recipe. Enjoy a slice (or two!) after dinner for a truly indulgent treat.
Become a Master Infuser: ONGROK Kits Have Everything You Need
Are you tired of struggling with complicated, messy extractions when making herb-infused products?
Well, say hello to the future of herb infusions with the ONGROK Botanical Infuser Kits! With just a few clicks of a button, these innovative kits allow you to create homemade extractions that will impress.
The best part?
These kits come with a range of accessories to get you started immediately!
So whether you're a seasoned pro or a newbie to herb infusions, the ONGROK Botanical Infuser Kits have everything you need to get started.
So say goodbye to the headache of complicated extractions and hello to the world of effortless herb infusions with the ONGROK Botanical Infuser Kits.Disclaimer: The information provided in this blog post is for educational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice. Using infused honey should be done responsibly and following local laws. The author and publisher are not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences resulting from using or misusing the information provided. Please consume infused honey responsibly, keep it out of reach of children and pets, and consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice.