Posted on December 08 2021
Looking for a twist on a classic holiday recipe? These gingerbread snickerdoodles are the perfect holiday treat & are sure to impress your loved ones! Packed with flavour from a mix of warming spices used to create a homemade gingerbread syrup / tincture that takes this Christmas cookie recipe to the next level!
To accommodate those with dietary restrictions, we’ve made these cookies with healthy ingredients, so they are dairy & gluten free! These delicious cookies are so soft and chewy they’re sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth!
To learn how to make gingerbread snickerdoodles, follow the steps below:
For the gingerbread tincture
80g fresh ginger
15g cinnamon sticks
2g allspice berries
¼ cup coconut sugar
⅛ tsp black peppercorns
1 cup vodka or vegetable glycerin
For the cookies
1 ¼ cups almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
¼ tsp cream of tartar
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp baking soda
⅓ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup molasses
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp gingerbread tincture
¼ cup maple sugar or blonde coconut sugar (use cane for shoot)
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
For the tincture
- Preheat oven to 230℉. Chop ginger into small pieces. Grind cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, allspice berries, and black peppercorns in your ONGROK 4-piece grinder in small batches. Place everything in your ONGROK Stainless steel decarboxylation container. Close the air valve and put the lid on but do not close the latches. Let decarb in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove ONGROK stainless steel container from the oven with ONGROK silicone oven mini gloves. Open airlock by slightly pulling up on the silicon knob. Let items cool slightly.
- Transfer spices to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser, along with your coconut sugar, ONGROK Sunflower Lecithin, and 1 cup vodka. Place lid on, and set the 4 hour button for tinctures, with no heat. Let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once tincture is done, filter the mixture through your ONGROK Micron Filter Bag. Let cool and transfer to dropper bottles.
For the cookies
- Increase oven temperature to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, add coconut sugar and coconut oil. Beat the mixture until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add molasses, egg white, and gingerbread tincture one by one, beating until incorporated in between.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ¼ cup maple sugar or blonde coconut sugar, ¾ tsp cinnamon, and ¼ tsp ground ginger.
- Using a 1 tbsp scoop, scoop dough and roll into a ball. Roll dough in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a baking sheet, making sure cookies have room to expand. Do not flatten.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until just firm around the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Then, transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Tray serving milk & cookies