No-Bake Hibiscus Infused Vegan Cheesecake
Posted on July 30 2021
Summer is finally here! While most of us can’t wait to get outside and enjoy the sunshine, we also need to remember to take some time to cool off and relax; and what better way than with a slice of creamy cheesecake!
To create this luscious infused cheesecake recipe you’ll need a few ONGROK Accessories - First you’ll need a Small Botanical Infuser or Large Botanical Infuser, or Infusions Kit to extract the flavour of hibiscus & to get this amazing pink hue for the plant-based cheese filling! You’ll also want to use ONGROK’s EZ Grinder to grind up the hibiscus and add in our Sunflower Lecithin Powder to the oil mixture to help bind it all together!
Here’s how to make it!
For the hibiscus infused oil:
½ cup dried hibiscus flowers, ground
1 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp ONGROK Sunflower Lecithin Powder
For the crust:
8 Medjool dates, pitted
1 ½ cup raw walnuts
3 tbsp almond flour
¼ tsp sea salt
For the filling:
16 oz vegan cream cheese, softened (you can swap this out for real cream cheese if you're not vegan or allergic to dairy)
½ cup hibiscus-infused coconut oil
Zest from 1 lemon
⅓ cup lemon juice
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tbsp hibiscus powder
Fresh fruit for topping
Tools You’ll Need:
ONGROK 4-piece EZ Grinder
ONGROK Botanical Infuser
ONGROK Micron Filter Bag
7-inch springform pan
Rubber or offset spatula
- Grind dried hibiscus flowers in your ONGROK 4-piece grinder.
- Transfer ground hibiscus flowers to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine, along with coconut oil and sunflower lecithin. Give the mixture a quick stir. Set temperature to 160℉. Press the 1 hour button for infused oil and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once oil is done, strain mixture through ONGROK Micron Filter Bag into a bowl. Transfer to an air-tight container.
- Add dates to a food processor & process until dates roll into one ball. Add remaining crust ingredients and pulse a few times until walnuts are in small crumbs and the mixture sticks together when pinched. Be careful not to over-process!
- Transfer crust mixture to your springform pan. Press mixture evenly into pan. Let chill in the fridge for a few minutes while you prepare your filling.
- Combine all ingredients for filling in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer filling to crust and smooth evenly with a spatula. Let firm up in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving, remove outer ring from your springform pan. Top with fresh fruit and serve!
This infused cheesecake recipe is perfect to keep you cool on a hot summer day and a stunning item to bring out for a gathering! We hope you enjoy it and would love to hear about any variations you make!