Green Goddess Recipe: A Perfect Dressing For Summer Salads
Posted on September 22 2022
Whether you have a bunch of leftover herbs you need to put to quick use or wish to upgrade your salad with a brand new dressing, this green goddess recipe was made for you. While salads are often a healthier alternative to many other meals, the nutritional benefit can be negated if you choose a dressing that’s chock full of fats and bad cholesterol.
This green goddess recipe allows you to add your choice of mayonnaise, sour cream or Greek yogurt, although we recommend Greek yogurt for maximum health benefits. Although there are some ingredients we recommend you to use, you can choose to customize it further by adding in your own herbal infused oil or garnishes, such as mint.
Continue reading to find out how you can make this green goddess recipe, step by step!
List of Ingredients
Below is the list of ingredients you will need to prepare:
- Mayonnaise, sour cream, cashew cream or Greek yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon or lime juice and zest
- Your choice of herbs such as cilantro, chives and parsley
- Garnishes to taste, including salt, pepper and garlic
- Anchovies (capers can be used as a vegetarian alternative)
- Herbal infused oil, prepared in advance, with the help of a botanical infuser
You may wish to blend all the ingredients together first before adding in your garnishes according to taste.
Making the Dressing
Once you have all the ingredients ready, preparing the dressing is easy. Simply throw everything into a food processor, blender, or botanical infuser and you are all good to go! Once you have made sure that the mixture is smooth, stop blending and pour it into a bowl or storage container, depending on whether you plan to consume immediately or store for later. This dressing is also great for serving at parties and gatherings.
This green goddess recipe is not only great as a dressing for pouring over salads, it can also be served in a few different ways. This includes:
- As a dip for chips, French fries and vegetables
- As a drizzle over roasted vegetables
- As a filling for a baked or jacket potato — a healthier alternative to sour cream or cheese, especially if you have used Greek yogurt in your recipe!
- As a topping for any grain bowl, such as quinoa or brown rice
- … and more!
There are many creative ways you can put this dressing to good use. If you have made more than you can consume at one go, be sure to store the excess in airtight containers, all ready for you to enjoy the next day!
Find the Fit-for-Purpose Equipment You Require at ONGROK
If you are looking to try your hand at a range of herbal infusion recipes, getting your own botanical infuser is an investment that will go a long way. Not only can you find a series of botanical infuser kits in our online shop at ONGROK, you can also find storage tubes, jars and containers to store the edibles you will be making!