Warming Soup Recipes for the Winter
Posted on April 12 2022
There's nothing quite like a warming bowl of butternut soup on a cold winter day. If you like experimenting with different soup recipes, you’ll love using the ONGROK Botanical Infuser. Perfect for making your own homemade extractions including butters, tinctures, oils, and distillates, this machine is easy to use and compact enough for any kitchen.
Recipe for Butternut Squash Soup in an Infuser
1 butternut squash (2 to 3 pounds or about 1.36 kg), peeled and seeded
2 ½ tablespoons regular, unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (or other infused oil)
1 medium white onion
1 small red pepper
5 cups low sodium chicken stock or vegetable stock
A pinch of nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean, peel, and deseed the butternut squash.
- Dice the butternut squash into 1-inch chunks. Dice the onion and red pepper. Roast all vegetables in the oven for 30-45 minutes at 218 °C. Check every 15 minutes.
- Heat the unsalted butter and oil in a large stockpot with a pinch of salt.
- Add the roasted veggies, soup stock, and butter-oil mix to the infuser and select “blend” mode.
- Once the mixture is blended and pureed, return it to the stockpot and add salt and nutmeg.
- Portion the soup evenly into bowls and add an optional dollop of sour cream or crème fraiche.
Recipe for Making Tomato Soup in an Infuser
7 tablespoons regular butter
1(8oz) can tomato sauce
1 ¼ cups chicken or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons chopped basil, fresh
1 tablespoon chopped oregano, fresh
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
1 onion, thinly sliced
15 baby carrots (or 5-8 medium regular carrots), thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Sautée onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in a saucepan.
- Melt the butter into a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add tomato sauce, broth, basil, oregano, butter, sauteed veggies, and cream to the infuser until it is ½-way full. Cover and hold down lid.
- Select “blend.” Pulse several times before leaving on blend.
- Continue to puree in batches until the mixture is smooth. Then transfer the creamy soup to another pot.
- Heat the soup for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat until hot.
- Pour even portions into bowls.
Make sure you check out the recipe book included in the ONGROK Botanical Infuser Machine and Kit for more ways to turn up the notch on your culinary creations!