Recipe: How to Make Your Own Sleep Aid Gummies
Posted on January 24 2023
Sufficient sleep is vital for the human body. It allows you to rest adequately after a long day’s work and regenerate for the next day. Apart from that, sufficient sleep is good for the immune system among other numerous benefits. Therefore, having problems with sleep isn’t ideal for your well-being. Nonetheless, there are several herbs, such as chamomile, that you can use to enhance your sleeping pattern. Rather than consuming them raw, you can make them into gummies for a sweet and fun consumption experience. Here’s a simple recipe for making sleep aid gummies, to manage your sleeping troubles.
What You Need for the Recipe
You’ll need a pot or saucepan to accommodate the mixture for the entire process. Along with that, you need a wooded spoon for stirring. You need a jar to store the gummy mixture in, along with a small vessel or beaker for pouring.
Gelatin packets and silicon molds should be ready to use as well. For the ingredients, you need a sweetener, like monk fruit. Most importantly, you need a sleep-enhancing herb. The list includes passion flowers, hops, chamomile, lemon balm, and valerian.
The recipe for sleeping gummies is quite simple, as you only have to focus on brewing relevant herbs into tea. You can spice it up a little, or make it a bit stronger with the use of a juice or tincture base. To make the best tea to aid your sleep, you need to heat the herbs to extract their active ingredients, but not too high to destroy the medicinal attributes they hold.
Let’s break down the process:
- Put a pot with three cups of water over heat and allow it to boil.
- Turn the heat off and add in a quarter cup of your preferred sleep-enhancing herb, like monk fruit. Stir the mixture thoroughly to allow everything to dissolve accordingly.
- To give it a tea flavor, have some tea bags. For added color, you might include some blueberries in the mixture. When all the ingredients have been added to the pot, take it off the fire and cover it with a lid.
- Allow the pot to sit for about three to four hours, allowing the flavors and ingredients in the herb to accentuate.
- When the time elapses, reheat the tea once more, without allowing it to boil, then add in hydrated gelatin, which should dissolve easily with a little stirring.
- At this point, give your tea a taste to find out if the flavoring is right. If not, add in citric or lemon juice.
- Once the tea is ready to your satisfaction, pour it carefully into silicon molds. It’s advisable to pour while the mixture is warm. Additionally, utilize a vessel crafted with a small spout, to avoid spilling the mixture. A beaker works perfectly in this scenario.
- After filling the molds, put them in your fridge for half an hour, to allow the gummies to condense and form before beginning to pop them out.
Make Your Sleep Aid Gummies Today
Making sleep aid gummies at home should be fun and exciting with our easy-to-follow recipe. If you follow the guidelines to the letter, you’ll end up with powerful sleep-enhancing gummies to help alleviate your sleeping problems.