Recipe: Chips And (Decarbed) Dip
Posted on August 18 2022
Who doesn’t love chips and dip? As a universally loved dip, guacamole is something many of us enjoy and which you can easily make from home. With this chips and dip recipe, you can make your own herbal infused dip that comes will all the nutritional goodness of avocadoes and something more besides!
The Nutritional Benefits of Avocadoes
Did you know that avocadoes are fiber-rich, chockfull of good fats, and comes with over 20 different kinds of vitamins and minerals? In fact, they contain more potassium than bananas, which is saying something! Some benefits of eating avocado include lowering of cholesterol, better heart health as well as improved gut function. Talk about a superfood that we all love and can be easily incorporated into a wide range of recipes!
You can tell whether an avocado is ripe by giving it a gentle squeeze: a firm avocado is not ready to be eaten whereas one that yields to your touch is. Alternatively, you may pull the stem and observe the color underneath. A stem that’s hard to remove indicates that the avocado still needs time to ripen. If you see green underneath, the avocado is ready to eat and if you see brown, it’s overripe.
Ingredients You Will Need
To get started with making your dip, make sure you have the following ingredients ready:
- 3 ripe avocadoes
- 1 large plum or tomato, according to your preferences
- 1 clove of garlic, either chopped or crushed into a paste
- Lime juice (1 tablespoon, add more to taste)
- Minced pepper (1 to 2 teaspoons according to taste)
- Your desired dosage of herbal infused oil, prepared in advance with your botanical infuser
- Chopped cilantro leaves and stems to taste
Preparing the Ingredients
Now that you have everything, it’s time to get down to work:
- Cut the avocadoes open and remove the pits. Scoop out the fleshy bits and place these in a bowl.
- Pour the lime juice into the bowl and mix the ingredients until you get a creamy solution.
- Next, add the chopped garlic or garlic paste to this mixture. Your herbal infused oil can go in after that.
- Now, it’s time to add the tomato, diced peppers and cilantro leaves. Make sure everything is mixed well before having a taste.
- Here is where you can add in salt, lime juice or more diced peppers according to taste. Once everything is to your satisfaction, your dip is ready to be served (or stored)!
Purchase Botanical Infusers from ONGROK
With a botanical infuser machine and kit at home, you can easily prepare a variety of edibles to be enjoyed any time of year. From cookies and s’mores to soups and iced teas, there are many different recipes you can try your hand at, and the best part is that many of them are easy to follow. Strapped for space at home? Our small botanical infuser and kit is the perfect choice for you, being compact enough for any sized kitchen!