Tarragon Chicken Salad Crostini
Posted on November 18 2021
This versatile chicken salad recipe features the use of tarragon infused avocado oil to add a light and sweet herby taste to your standard sandwich filling! This recipe is perfect for those looking to step up their lunch game for work or to pack up and take to the park as part of a tasty weekend picnic!
For the tarragon-infused oil
2 cups avocado oil
¾ cup dried tarragon
1 tbsp ONGROK Sunflower Lecithin
For the tarragon mayo
1 egg yolk
Juice from ½ a lemon
¾ cup tarragon-infused avocado oil
½ tsp sea salt
For the chicken salad
3 ½ cups cooked chicken, chopped
1 ½ tbsp stone ground mustard
Juice from ½ a lemon
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
For the crostini
1 small baguette
¼ cup tarragon-infused avocado oil
⅓ cup rainbow micro-greens
ONGROK Micron Filter Bag (comes with the botanical infuser kits)
- Grind dried tarragon in your ONGROK 4-piece grinder.
- Transfer ground tarragon to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine, along with avocado oil and soy lecithin. Give the mixture a quick stir. Set temperature to 160℉. Press the 1 hour button for infused oil and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once oil is done, strain mixture through ONGROK Micron Filter Bag into a bowl. Transfer to an air-tight container.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolk and lemon juice until frothy. Very slowly add a thin drizzle of your tarragon-infused oil while whisking continuously. Be careful that the oil whisks into the mixture immediately. If you add too much oil, stop and whisk until fully combined. Keep an eye on your mixture and mix just until soft peaks form to prevent the mixture from splitting. You might not need to use the full ¾ cup of oil.
- Add cooked chicken, stone ground mustard, salt, pepper, and spices to your mayo. Fold gently until the mixture is fully incorporated.
- Preheat your oven broiler to low. Slice baguette and brush both sides with your tarragon-infused oil. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toast on broil for 3-4 minutes. Flip and broil another 3-4 minutes, until both sides are golden.
Assemble your crostini by scooping tarragon-infused chicken salad onto toasted baguette slices. Top with a pinch of rainbow microgreens and serve!
Read our infused mocktails & cocktails for next dinner party recipe.