Pumpkin Soup with Polenta Croutons
Posted on January 19 2022
Need something warm & comforting to get you through these cold winter days? We have the perfect recipe to warm you up this winter, all made with seasonal ingredients! This recipe is easily customizable for any diet & is great leftover as well.
For the rosemary thyme-infused oil
20g fresh rosemary
10g fresh thyme
1 cup avocado oil
1 tbsp ONGROK Sunflower Lecithin
For the soup
1 sugar pie pumpkin, gutted and sliced in quarters
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
1 head garlic, cut in half
2 tbsp rosemary thyme-infused oil
1 pinch cayenne
4 cups broth
⅓ cup coconut cream
For the polenta croutons
1 ½ cups water
½ cup corn grits
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground pepper
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, vegan or regular
For the infused oil
- Preheat oven to 230℉. Grind rosemary and thyme in your ONGROK 4-piece grinder. Spread in an even layer across the bottom of your ONGROK stainless steel container. Place lid on your container but don’t close the latches. Make sure airlock is closed. Put the container in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove ONGROK stainless steel container from the oven with ONGROK silicone oven mini gloves. Open airlock by slightly pulling up on the silicon knob. Let herbs cool slightly.
- Transfer ground herbs to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine, along with avocado oil. Add 1 scoop of sunflower lecithin. Give the mixture a quick stir. Put lid on and set temperature to 160℉. Press the 1 hour button for infused oil and let the machine run through its cycle.
- Once oil is done, strain mixture through ONGROK Micron Filter Bag into a bowl. Let cool slightly. Transfer to a dropper bottle with the mini funnel.
For the polenta croutons (shoot first)
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Once boiling, add salt, pepper, and grits. Turn heat to low, and cook for 20-25 minutes uncovered, stirring frequently.
- Add shredded cheese to grits. Stir together until cheese is melted.
- Transfer grits mixture to silicone mini molds. Place in the fridge to cool for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat air fryer or oven. Remove chilled polenta from mini molds. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Air fry or bake until crispy. Serve on top of soup.
For the soup
- Increase oven temperature to 450℉. Add pumpkin, onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and garlic to an oven-safe baking dish. Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and olive oil. Toss until combined.
- Transfer veggies to the oven. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Let pumpkin cool slightly. Remove rind.
- Transfer roasted veggies to the base of your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine. Squeeze garlic out of the head. Add vegetable broth, coconut cream, infused olive oil. You can add more vegetable broth for a thinner soup if that’s your preference.
- Blend in your ONGROK Botanical Infuser machine on BLEND one cycle, or until smooth.
- Once smooth, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer soup to a bowl and drizzle with coconut cream. Drizzle soup with rosemary thyme-infused olive oil, and top with polenta croutons.
Read our DIY bath oil recipe.